What Services Does HealthNet Gaston Provide?
Care by a Medical Home/Regular Doctor (no to low cost)
- Regular check-ups
- Sick visits
- Management of chronic conditions such as diabetes/high sugar, high blood pressure, asthma, COPD, heart disease, etc.
Even if you are feeling ill when the office is closed, you can call your medical home for advice on how to manage non life-threatening conditions until your doctor can see you.
Specialty Care (limited appointments at no cost):
If you have a condition that requires more focused care, your regular doctor may refer you to a specialist for evaluation and additional treatment. HealthNet Gaston has limited access to free specialty care which must be coordinated through your medical home. Once you receive your specialty appointment, most labs and testing are free of charge as well. Specialty care is possible because providers in the community donate their services.
Medication Assistance ($6 per prescription)
If you cannot afford prescription medication to treat your chronic condition(s), your medical home can refer you to HealthNet Gaston’s Medication Assistance Program (MAP). Staff will help you fill out the necessary paperwork to enroll in MAP and you pay only $6 per prescription for a 90-day supply of each medicine you need.
Case Management and Health Coaching (free):
HealthNet Gaston’s Case Managers are registered nurses who help you achieve and maintain good health by providing medical advice and directing you to resources based on your unique situation. Working with your regular doctor, a case manager may provide or refer you to:
- Classes to learn how to manage your chronic condition
- Low-cost vision screenings and glasses
- Assistance with accessing resources needed to recover at home following a hospital stay
- Personal health coaching and medical advice
- Additional community resources to help with needs outside of healthcare
“Words can never express our thanks and appreciation for this program. You truly have saved my husband’s life.” spouse of a HealthNet Gaston participant
How Can I Join HealthNet Gaston?
To participate in HealthNet Gaston, ALL of the following must be true:
- You live in Gaston County (proof of address required)
- You are 18 years old or older
- You have no insurance and are not eligible for Medicaid, Medicare or VA benefits
- Your household income is at or below 100% of Federal Poverty Level (verification required)
- You have a chronic medical condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, heart disease, COPD, etc.
If you feel you qualify for program participation, call 704-874-1901 or 704-874-1958 to schedule an enrollment appointment or go to Apply Online.